Kool Aid Orchids

Here is the newest addition to my orchid family.

DSCN1709

For some reason I feel it is a ‘he’.  The purple is actually darker than the picture shows.  One of the things I like about this particular orchid is he is petite (size doesn’t matter), dark purple and if you will notice on the lip, how it is ringed in white.  I love that.  There is an iris, called ‘Batik’ which reminds me of this orchid.  I think I got interested in orchids because I love iris so much and they look so much like orchids.  I always thought of iris as orchids for us ‘poor folk’.

DSCN1713

I like the fact that these orchids come in clusters like they do.  So delicate looking and yet so hardy.  After all, if I can grow them anyone can.  The orchids have fulfilled their purpose this winter by supplying me with a view inside my house which inspires tranquility and beauty.  In other words, they do make me overlook the fact I need to sweep up dog and cat hair – yet again.

Comments

Popular Posts