Fabric and Fiber Friday - Sort Of


This is basically what my whole office/sewing/TV/
playroom looks like. My plan for today is to tidy the crap out of it. 

I enjoy this room and it has convinced me I don't need all the 'extra' rooms in the house. Which is good to know when I start getting serious about looking for a new home to buy. Anyway...

What I won't be doing (sigh) is moving this upstairs...


On Thursday, heading to work, I made it about two blocks and saw this jewel sitting on the curb for the trash man. Luckily, I have a neighbor who is a stay-at-home mom and equally crazy and we heaved and tugged this monster into my minivan. A bonus was it was in three pieces actually, because it weighs a TON! This is no lightweight piece of furniture.

Which means, it won't be coming upstairs into my office (pouting). There is one piece on the back of the desk which needs the seam glued and a few screws to secure the top to the bottom, but otherwise it is a lovely addition to the house.

I am so over the moon about this desk. I have always wanted a roll top desk since I learned such a thing existed decades ago. 


Anyone who loves to write and has pens, pencils and stationary out the wazoo needs a huge desk like this.

One downfall is my main computer is a desktop and it just won't work on this desk. So if I use my computer here, it will have to be a laptop. But figuring all that out is down the road many months.

It isn't an antique piece by any means as there are 'holes' in the back of the desktop for cords to go through. And I need to figure out a chair eventually. I have a ladder back chair I picked up at Goodwill for $1, planning to paint and recover it. Right now it is a barrier between the cats' food bowl and Amani. But it might be moved downstairs so I can 'pretend' to use the desk on occasion. 

I will tidy upstairs - my desk area and sewing area - today. And dream of the future when I can really use this desk. And what I will put in what little nooks and drawers.


So for now, my 'desk' will stay downstairs in the living room which we don't use. Unless three or four very strong people come along with an insane desire to tote it upstairs for me.

Comments

Popular Posts