Tuesday Sundries - Good Neighbors

I was brought up to do it all on my own. Stand on your own two feet. Looking back, I think it led to me isolating myself and contributing to my depression.

While I am still selective (read picky), I have opened up a bit and am learning to really appreciate the friendships formed by doing so.

Case in point -

Miss J, my neighbor across-the-street-behind-me.

She enables my plant 'collecting'. She dislikes the HOA more than I do. She walks Amani on those days when I have a long workday. In fact, she loves on Amani so much, the dog walks out the back door and looks across the street for her 'buddy'.

She also...


Fetches 'treasures' off the street for you when you text her and let her know she needs to check out the 'trash' around the corner.

I was heading for work and couldn't stop, but I saw enough of this table/desk that I was interested in it. I will be needing places to set plants come fall and I have to move plants back inside for the winter.

But I didn't see the front of the desk until I walked inside after work and picking up Lady K and there it was! I never expected to see it transported to my house.

It's a really nice piece of furniture and will make a great plant table. That is it will if I can keep Lady K from claiming it for HER desk. After all, she pointed out, I have a desk. Mommy has a desk. She needs a desk. Plus, it has a large drawer on the front, perfect for her crayons and markers.

Sigh.

Right now, my issue is finding a place for it. I feel I will be rearranging and cleaning up the spare bedroom sooner than I planned so I can put plants in there for the winter. But that's a few months away.

Comments

Popular Posts