Week in Review - August 18 - 24


Lady K is back in residence!

And sleeping in my closet until tonight. 

School starts tomorrow and she is back with me for school. Open house was yesterday. She got to meet her new teacher, Ms. Byrd. She's excited, but disappointed. It looks like her current crush isn't in her class. But she is excited about school starting anyway.

I, on the other hand, was miserable yesterday. My sinuses decided Saturday would be 'drain-day' and it was a constant kleenex at the nose day. I'm really dragging this morning from the residual meds to stop my nose and its antics. Unfortunately, it will be a llloooonnnngggg day.

First, I have to deposit Savvy at the airport for her GameStop corporate convention flight to Nashville. Then I have to settle Noel at my house for her overnight stay with me. Then dress and drive to Raleigh for a wedding in the afternoon.

Luckily, Texter is here and can help settle Noel and watch Lady K while I nap, pre-wedding trip!

But the weather here on Saturday was my kind of day. Cool (low 70's), misty and drizzly, which meant the windows were opened to air out the house. We will have another day of that type of weather before it climbs again into the 80's. It did mean the sliders I had planned to cook for dinner on Saturday turned into a pot of chili.

Friday morning, before picking up Savvy to take her to work, I decided for a little 'greenhouse therapy' and went for a stroll through Oakdale Greenhouses.

What I was mainly looking for were a couple of things. First, I wanted to see how they had their vanilla plant supported. Secondly, I thought I would look for the 'names' of some plants I had rescued from Lowes and didn't know exactly what they were.


I discovered there is nothing supporting their massive vanilla orchid. It is just strung over some pipes in the ceiling and hanging down again. So once again, I'm on my own there.


I did find out the names of my 'unnamed' plants. 


Which means I can now give them better care than I have been.

It also means I have a couple of plants on my 'I really want these' list.


I think I need these in my life to brighten up a corner.


And although I am not an orange person, I think I need 'Prince of Orange' also.

My problem is they are 'double-digit' priced plants. Way over my budget. So I am on the lookout for 'baby' plants. I can wait for them to grow.

Therefore...


A baby Rojo Congo followed me home. The underside of the leaves are a lovely maroon and he will grow up soon enough.

Otherwise this week it was all work. We had a the head of the company over Food Lion coming in for a visit, so it was all hands on deck cleaning and tidying up the store. And a week of taking Savvy to/from work. 

Also...

  • 7 days over 5000 steps
  • 3 blog posts written
  • 3 books finished
  • large grocery shopping haul (mainly stuff for Lady K) and some menu planning

This coming week...

  • SCHOOL STARTS!
  • Another airport run to pick up CJ and to drop him and Noel off back home
  • Turn in my first round of 'supplies' for a survey and get my 'reward' and start on the 6 week survey part for even more 'rewards'
  • DARK CRYSTAL starts Friday on Netflix. I can't wait. 

But for now a quick refill of coffee before I head out to get Savvy and take her to the airport. 





Comments

Popular Posts