Seedy Saturday - Summer Growth and Hail!

The sound you hear is the sound of my ass dragging this morning. 

I worked a long day yesterday and then drove Lady K to meet up with her dad and got home late last night. So after dashing this out, I'll hop in the shower and go to work for another long day. But a bit of plant updates first.

Thursday night we had a thunderstorm come through. Heavy rain and a bit of dime-size hail.



My emerging caladium now has 'eyes'.


And my banana plants, which were finally deciding to adapt to their new home, had some shredding.

Another tropical which got a bit of damage is my plumeria.


It has also grown about 8 or 9 inches and looking really good - even with hail damage.

And my poor peony.


It was suffering from the heat and humidity and then the hail hit it. Hopefully, it will shrug it off and comtinue on. 

Despite the hail damage to bits and pieces in the yard, there is some definite growth over the summer.


My hyacinth beans are plumping up and I'm watching them to save the seeds when they start drying out.


My five cuttings of vanilla are doing well. Three of the cuttings have taken off, one of which is a little over a foot long. I'm not giving up on the other two cutting which seems to be sitting there and not doing anything.


My avocado is now about 3 feet tall on the main trunk. It really shot up after being repotted a few months ago. 

Out of the garden I have harvested these...


There is actually another one in the kitchen. I need to cook these and can or freeze the pumpkin to use in pies later on.

Michael Meyers Lemon has filled out! He lost most of his leaves over the winter and looked a bit mangy.



He even has started blooming a bit. There are 5 or 6 lemons which have made it through the summer and are starting to turn a bit yellow.

Last, but not least, is my ginger.


She has really filled out with sprouts and they are about 2 to 3 feet tall. I wish she would flower for me. But I am hopeful about the ginger root in the pot as it seems the pot is 'warping' a bit. I am keeping my fingers crossed it is from the ginger root growing so large.

But now for a shower and into my work clothes. And a cup of coffee to take with me!




Comments

Popular Posts