Mass Murder Rant on a Sunday Morning

I don't often air my political views on my website, mainly because I have very dear friends who are on both sides of the 'aisle'. And I attempt to respect that. I won't say I am 100% effective in that, but I try. 

However, TWO FUCKING MASS MURDERS!

And, once again, I am sure our lawmakers will be standing around, sending their 'thoughts and prayers' to the families of those murdered.

SCREW YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!

My father owns guns. As did his father. My dad would go dove hunting every year and uses his BB gun to scare off coyotes from around the property. 

I grew up in a household knowing there were guns are where they were stored. We didn't have a safe for the guns. They were stored in a closet or under a bed and I knew they were there. I also knew if I messed with them there would be trouble.

I have friends who hunt and own rifles and handguns. I hiked with a gentleman who carried a handgun in case we came across a bear or mountain lion and he needed to fire it in an attempt to scare them off.

That's fine. I have no problem with that.

What I have an issue with is any idiot can get their hands on a gun which fires countless bullets in a matter of seconds! This isn't hunting for the meat. There is no purpose for owning such a weapon other than saying you own one. 

Unfortunately, our current slate of lawmakers all seem to be in the pocketbook of the NRA and are only concerned with sending platitudes rather than actually doing something to stop this and make it more difficult for this kind of thing to occur. 

Fine. I will uphold your right to own 'arms' as guaranteed by the Constitution. Give me your AK-47 and I'll hand you a musket. 

I have owned a gun. I don't any longer. But I do still have a weapon. It's called 'my vote'. Believe me, I will be using it in every election coming up. Beware! I am armed and dangerous.

Comments

Popular Posts