Fabric and Fiber Friday - Creativity Unbound

I think it's easy to figure out I label myself as a 'creative'. Thus, frequent updates on this site about my fabric and fiber endeavors.

Both my daughters are also creative - musical, theatrical, drawing, painting...you name it.

And now...


This is Lady K's creation of two days while staying with me. A box my foot massager came in becomes a dollhouse. Scraps become beds, curtains, pillows. Then these 'sticky bead things' become...whatever.

She also has to dress the dolls.


I've stayed out of it. It's all hers. Well, other than my approval of what pile of scraps she uses. She will work it on a while and then wander off, coming back to do some more. 


I let the girls 'get on with it', just like I am doing for Lady K. I giggle at times when in some of the forums people wonder about the 'proper age' for letting a child loose with scissors, needles, thread, etc. My answer is - 'whenever they ask'.

Yes, they might get stuck with a needle. Yes, they might cut the wrong thing. But then so do the most experienced needleworkers and seamstress.

Using their minds to figure out how to make what they envision, I feel, helps them later in life. Me hovering, telling her she is doing it wrong or right, won't. 

When she is ready, I will be happy to give her more detailed instructions. But for now, it's making swimsuits for her little LOL dolls.

Comments

Popular Posts