Week in Review - August 4-10

Yuck! What a week.

Tuesday I went home from work early and headed to Minute Clinic. Yes, a massive UTI to be 'fixed' with massive antibiotics. And a couple of days at home downing watering to flush out my system. So not much fun, except I did get some stitching and sewing done. A tiny bit.

And I watched 'The Upside', which is a really good movie and a pleasant couple of hours in front of the TV.


Lady K has been spending some time in my closet this week. I have had her for a couple of overnights and she likes sleeping in my closet. Right now, she has emerged with her Switch and is playing Minecraft. 

Mr. RaceCar bought her Minecraft for the Switch this past week. Entertaining and makes her use her brain to create things. However, she has her time 'restricted' because she will play it all day if given the opportunity.

We, Texter and I, braved a bit of time at Target and purchased some back to school clothes for Lady K. Unicorns and dinosaurs, sequins and glitter. What more can a girl need?

Texter is also anxiously awaiting the results of her interview for a clinic job this past week. We are all on tenterhooks as this would be a great job. Hopefully, this coming week will give us a pleasant answer.

(Break for another cup of coffee)

Speaking of coffee...


Yep, Starbucks has come to my house (not my picture by the way). We got 3 of the 4 flavors on Saturday at work. And I brought home the Caramel Macchiato and the White Chocolate Mocha. This morning is indulging in the White Chocolate Mocha. And I did put a bit in a bottle to take into work for a co-worker to try. 

This week also had me watching Miss J mow my yard. Not only did she feel sorry because I was under the weather, but my "Joe" died. I called the company and a new "Joe" is on its way and should arrive this coming week. I have to say, the customer service was great and no fuss. It's a pain I am having to replace it, but the mower is under warranty and no charge. 

Savvy got with me about being "Uber-Mom" over the next couple of weeks. Mr. Arizona is going to visit his sister and I will be coordinating getting him to the airport, taking Savvy to/from work, attending a wedding, getting Lady K to/from her dad's (for a weekend at the beach), and my work. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

The real downside to being 'sick' this week is on Saturday I had to come into work at 9 a.m. rather than the 10 a.m. I was planning on. Therefore, I missed out on standing in line for my Carowinds tickets for completing the Summer Break Reading Program at the library. Oh, well.

Texter discovered my Kindle Unlimited on Amazon. So we are getting more use out of it.

Otherwise this week...
  • 4 days this week over 5000. 3 of those days over 10,000
  • 6 posts written this week
  • 1 book finished
  • Sorted through Lady K's clothes to see what she has outgrown and what she can still use for school

This coming week...
  • Taking Lady K to her dad early for her weekend at the beach with her grandparents
  • Mr. Arizona to the airport
  • Savvy to/from work
  • Housework!!!!
  • Repot more of my inside plants

But more now...MORE coffee with White Chocolate Mocha creamer!



Comments

Popular Posts