Week in Review - July 28 - August 3

It's hard this morning to try and recap my week after learning of the two mass murders in the past 24 hours. However, I have plans to bombard my lawmakers to do something other than shedding crocodile tears while protecting the NRA. Enough said on that topic. I have ranted about it already.

So...

Second cup of coffee on my desk.


Lady K is busting to get back to school. She can't wait. And this year she will be in after school care at the school since Texter and I are both working now. But she is excited.

Since she spent a couple of days with me this past week, we picked up some of the last items on her back-to-school list. And what could be more important than the sequins and fur unicorn backpack? Complete with a hood! And there is a matching lunch box. 

On Thursday, I picked up Texter and we did a little bit of Goodwill shop-hopping. During our drive, she received a call about a job she has applied for. This coming Tuesday she will have an interview at a medical clinic. A job in the field she trained it!

Needless to say, she is excited and her phone calls from the head office in Florida and the local office where she will be working have been very positive. This will get her not only into a job where she can use her schooling, but also out of the heat and off her feet which will help her health. Fingers crossed.

On Monday I received my foot massager. It isn't an expensive one, but it's nice. While I like it, I think I really need a hydro massager. Will have to think about it. Lady K also gave her approval to the massager when she was here.

It was a long week at work - 40 hours! And because I would have gone over 40 hours, I was lucky enough to leave work early Saturday. So I came home and did some yard work and some repotting of plants. I am trying to get some of the plants which will be brought inside or into somewhere more 'protected' over the winter, into pots and established before I have to start bringing them in. I was assisted in the potting with Miss J who was actually celebrating her birthday!

I didn't really do much other than work and attend to Lady K this past week. But I did accomplish the following:

  • Walked 5000+ steps 6 days out of 7. Three days were over 10,000 steps.
  • Finished 4 books. Actually, I started and tossed 3 of those.
  • Wrote 7 posts

This coming week:

  • Pick up Lady K from her dad Sunday after work and then drop her off Monday afternoon at her mom's.
  • Await the results of Texter's interview on Tuesday
  • Stand in line for my Carowinds tickets from the summer reading program
  • Working 35.5 hours this week
  • Get the next step of Nebula finished 

But for now, yet another cup of coffee and some breakfast before heading into work.




Comments

Popular Posts