Tuesday Sundries - Up Close and Personal

One of my loves is macro photography. It forces you to stop and really take a look at things up close and in detail.

Yesterday, while waiting for the bus to arrive in the afternoon with Lady K on the first day of school, I had time to stop and look at the plants on my patio. Plants filled with life. 



I love the oranges in this blanket flower, especially against the green of this tiny bee-like insect. I'm sure he/she could care less about the contrast in colors.


And then this fellow with complimentary colors on the marigold.


Even tiny spiders on tiny milkweed flowers are interesting.


A milkweed seed pod, currently about the size of the end of my thumb.


The pink of salvia and the ombre of the unopened flowers.


Bright yellow and green of my shaggy marigold.


The pink chrysantimum which survived my lack of care and is now covered with pink flowers. But they aren't a solid pink, but rather have light and dark areas on each petal.

Take time to stop and not only smell the roses, but to look closely at them - up close and personal.


Comments

Popular Posts