Week in Review - March 20 - 26, 2023

 



This past week has been totally garden focused.

I have picked up more hog wire and posts to form arches in the veggie garden. One row has been planted and the second row started. Lots of plans for a 'no-dig' garden set-up and looking not only at this summer in the garden, but future years. But more of that later on.

Also, I 'won' (which is how I look at it) about 500 bricks!

So Sunday morning, I was up early and off for the first of two loads of bricks. About 500 bricks as a matter of fact. And the exciting part is I go back this Wednesday after work to pick up about 30-40 retaining wall type large bricks. All free! And a bigger plus is the couple who gave them to me are super nice. A win-win!

Anyway...

All the seedlings are either sitting in the front yard or on the porch. The weather has leveled out somewhat and I need them out of the house. I do want to sow okra in cups and let them get started before putting out in the garden. I also want to sow some lima beans to set out in the garden rather than just planting the seeds in the garden. If I do that, I think I might have better luck with my lima bean crop. 

I also bought some San Marzano tomatoes from a local grower and picked them up early Saturday morning. Thus, I met another crazy plant person who is a home-based seedling/flower business person. So excited, she is very talented. Check out her here

This past week has been a chance to try out my 'new' schedule of not going into work until about 2pm. It is working out so good and I am loving it. I still get up early, but not quite as early (430-ish versus 330-ish). Work inside until it gets light and then outside in the garden for a 2-3 hours. Nap, lunch and then off to work. Liking it a lot. 

Otherwise this past week...

  • Picked up Lady K (and I almost forgot to!)
  • Lady K turned 10!
  • Finished 3 books 
  • Wrote 6 posts
  • Set up my Camp NaNoWriMo plans

This coming week...

  • Pick up Lady K for Spring Break! (Raleigh here I come next week!)
  • Dig up plants for the Master Gardener Plant Sale in someone else's yard (yes, we have permission)
  • Pick up more bricks
  • LOTS of garden work

But for now, I need to get laundry folded and put up and the kitchen tidied before heading outside to remove the rest of the bricks from the back of the car and stack. My summer is going to be really busy!

Comments

Popular Posts