Writing Wednesday - When Ideas Hit You!



At the present time the thing which is occupying my mind about 90% of the time is the garden. Mainly my vegetable garden area. But with the 'brick haul', I have been thinking walkways and paths too.

And as I think more and more about the garden areas, I come up with more and more things on my to-do list. So I am trying to buckle down and focus on the more immediate things which need doing.

But that doesn't stop me from 'growing' ideas to write about. (Sigh...)

Top of my list, and something which is on my desk currently, is getting my rough draft of If You Cook You Don't Do The Dishes edited and out to some suckers beta readers. With Camp NaNoWriMo starting in a couple of days, that is my immediate task. Priority Number One!

However, ideas still ebb and flow. I have a couple of ideas I want to work on. And they are mainly focused on the garden. 

One of the ideas is to do a 'Year in the Garden' type thing. Right now, I'm thinking of a post at the first of the month with my list of to-do's and where the garden at that point. Then at the end of the month, a wrap-up to see what worked and what didn't. 

A second idea is one I'm really excited about trying and that is interviewing some fellow gardeners. This one almost makes me wish I was a YouTuber and videoing the interview. But for now, I'll stick to writing out the interview with lots of pictures. I have two 'victims' in mind already. And maybe trying out a long-distance interview and pictures. 

Actually, what I am aiming for by the end of summer is to have a bountiful garden, both in terms of vegetables and flowers. And to have a growing writing practice.

The seeds have been planted for both!

 

Comments

Popular Posts