January Goals for 2014 Lovely Year of Finishes


Well, the 'world travelers' are back from the other side of the United States.  Not quite in the manner we were hoping, but they got back....finally.  And before another bout of wild weather is expected.  Nice thing I have discovered about Helena, is that while all around us might be getting many inches of snow, we are nestled in a bowl and don't actually get all that much ourselves.  Of course, that's not to say the wind and cold temperatures don't pass us by.

Anyway, for this month, my plan is to finish up the following:


The first set of fingerless mitts.  I have only about 30 more rows to do (and there is a Tudors marathon on TV today!)


Do the two long flying geese strips needed for this month in the Moda U class for the Joy quilt.  I have two methods I have been shown to make perfect flying geese, so we will see.  My 'flying geese' in the past have been more like playing 'Duck, Duck, Goose!'.


I have my blocks done for my Fractured Grinch quilt.  Now I just need to lay them out and decide on the final 'plan'.  So my goal is to get the blocks laid out and the top sewn together.

I have one other project, which should be quick.  I have some white 'ribbon' yarn that looks all lacy and 'girly'.  I was going to knit a quick scarf for Savvy with it because it just looks like her.  However, after starting it, I changed my mind.  Even in Arizona, especially during the summer, her shoulders get a bit cool from the air conditioning.  So since I have 2 skeins of this yarn I am going to do a 'shawlette' or a mini-cape to throw over her shoulders.   It should come out as a cascade of white and be really pretty.  At least that is my plan.

So for this month I have 4 projects.  Two will completely take something off my WIP list and the other two will take them one step closer to being DONE.  Of course, school starts back in 5 days!

Comments

  1. The flying geese gold circle fabric is beautiful. Can't wait to see and the finish on the Grinch..love the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried the folded flying geese method... works every time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your projects. Quite ambitious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts