Money, Money, Money

With the New Year I made a couple of commitments to myself financially.  I am so tired of having more month than money.

First off, I joined up for a Fabric Diet.  And unless there is someone holds a gun to my head, I have not bought any fibers or fabric all month.  And right now, as far as I can see, this will hold for February - although there are a couple of fabric lines I would love to get a set of fat quarters for to have for future use.
FabAnon

To further my Fabric Diet and to get some items off my to-do list, I joined in with a Lovely Year of Finishes for 2014.  I have so many projects waiting to be worked on, it seems a shame to keep buying more and seemingly getting nothing done.  January has gone well with that plan.

One of the best things I have done, is to print out the weekly planner for 52 Weeks of Saving.  So far I am on goal and I have big jar where I have the chart folded up and check off the weeks as they go by.  I know the first weeks are easy with just a couple of dollars going in, but hopefully this will create a habit which can keep up.  I would love to split up $1400 at the end of the year between the girls and I for Christmas (and so would they, I think!).

I also joined up with the Living Well, Spending Less on Facebook.  It's difficult to go out and spend money on things I don't really need when I read about people cutting back and saving hundreds or thousands of dollars a month.  And loving it!  It inspires me to come up with menus and plan my grocery shopping.  And not to do any frivolous spending.

So as the first month of the year comes to a close, I feel a bit better about my life in general and my money in particular.  Of course, I do have this large box of papers I have to go through and resort where the dog chewed up my filing box and scattered papers everywhere in my room.  I have to do that in order to do taxes (which will be a bear this year with two states to file taxes in).  Hopefully, this weekend can see some progress on that front.

Comments

  1. Love your goal setting, you're inspiring me to declutter and use up extras this year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We retired last month, and I took on the (self imposed) responsibility of looking after the budget. I had no idea how much I would enjoy writing every little expense down in that spreadsheet and gloating when I've managed to finish the month slightly under budget. It is amazing how empowered I feel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts