Positive Focus Thursday - It's the Small Things

I think 'WE' (and I'm including myself) think it's the big things which bring us the most joy. 

Those huge purchases. The big trips. 

But more and more I'm finding it's the little things which bring the most joy.

Things like getting the kitchen counters cleaned off. Birds finding the bird feeder. 

Finding a cute new 'face' for my watch.


Actually, the picture doesn't show it quite correct. The 'glow' is actually a small white ball - the sun! The watchface is the path of the sun during the day. 

My favorite is watching 'sunrise' and 'sunset' on the watch. 

It's a simple little thing. But this past week I have been so delighted with it. 

Back in the day I had a watch - you know, one of those things which had a battery in it and didn't connect with anything other than my wrist - which had a moon phase on it. I loved watching it change as the days went by.

The other thing which is filling me with joy on more than one level is 'Mike Meyer'.

Poor Mike started losing leaves when I brought him home. At one point over the past couple of months I was afraid I was going to have to write him off.

But a trip to the nursery to inquire about him showed me his friends still at the nursery in the greenhouse were undergoing the same 'molting' process. In fact, compared to a couple of them, he still looked pretty good.

Now...


Look! A blossom at the end of the branch! And more blossoms forming.


And on the very bare branches, leaves and blossoms are forming! 

Soon 'Mike' will be filling out for spring with plenty of leaves and blossoms. I am so happy. His one lemon will be starting to 'yellow' up soon and will be joined by lots and lots of other baby lemons (I hope).

It's things like changing my face watch and buds on a lemon tree which are bringing me joy. 

Small things can bring big joy!


Comments

Popular Posts