Writing Wednesday - 2019 Agenda


Well, I don't think I will actually be to the publishing stage by the end of 2019. This is mainly because I want to be sure I have the second book in the wings to release shortly thereafter before I publish the first one. But I want to have it right on the brink.  So be prepared all of you who volunteered to be a beta reader!

I was wavering on which story I wanted to tell for the first go around. After talking about my 2018 NaNoWriMo story with Savvy, I decided to go with it for my first actual, complete finish. (I am great with ideas, finishing is another story - no pun intended.)

So this is how I have it planned out for 2019 - 

  • Fae Trouble - 
    • Set up files for the book and set up an area in it for further stories (1/9/19)
    • Have the outline/plot for the book done (1/16/19)
    • Rough draft to be completed by 6/30/19. Aiming for 20,000 words a month.
    • Research covers, publishing, and setting up platforms (6/30/19)
    • Do my first edit and get to beta readers (9/1/19)
    • Do corrections/rewrite (11/30/19)
    • Have ready for publication (12/31/19)
  • Knottyneedle Blog - lots of thinking here
    • Notebook for blog post ideas and post 5 times a week
    • Buy a domain name and redo blog (9/1/19)
  • Miscellaneous
    • Check out library writing events and attend when possible (1/6/19)
    • Check out North Carolina Writers and their writing events and try to attend at least one workshop during the coming year (1/6/19)
    • Pull together all my other writing into one spot. A lot of it is on paper and I need it consolidated into one spot.

I have a few things to think about over the coming months, especially in terms with this blog and where I want to go with it. I really enjoy writing and use it to force myself to write. One of my big questions is, do I want to separate my blog from the book platform or keep it all together. 

Many of these questions will play out over the coming year and I'll keep you posted.

Comments

  1. Sounds great! Let me know what I can do to help and I hope I can be a beta reader...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in being a beta reader- Kathy R

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.

Popular Posts