Saturday Reads - An Easy Death


On Thursday I stopped by the library to pick up a couple of books I had on hold. I noticed this one on the shelf. I didn't even realize Harris had a new book out.

An Easy Death is what guns for hire say to each other as they part company. And Lizbeth Rose is a young hired gun in a world where FDR was assassinated, the United States is no more, and magic exists, but not trusted.

So when Lizbeth is in need of a new job, she takes on two wizards from the new Russian Empire, which exists along the West Coast. Traveling across the perilous country of what use to be the Southwest and Mexico, Lizbeth has to keep her two employers alive on their quest to find another wizard.

This was a really interesting read. I loved the alternate history setting. I enjoyed Lizbeth Rose, no-nonsense and a quick draw, even at the age of nineteen. And I can't wait for another book to follow this one up. Gunnie Rose's story isn't over yet.

Comments

Popular Posts