Week in Review - December 30, 2018 - January 5, 2019

The first week of the year is over...

and I have survived!

I had my black-eyed peas, spinach salad and cornbread on New Year's Day for luck and money in 2019. Actually, I probably should have been a pig and eaten a truckload to be on the safe side.

Lady K spent the last few days of her break being a 'gamer girl'.



Most video games have 'walkthroughs' on how to play either the whole game or certain levels. She is playing Spryo - Reignited Trilogy. She does really well (and getting better every day) at figuring out how to play the various levels. But sometimes she wants to see a walkthrough when she gets stuck. So I showed her how to write down where she is and what she wants to see a walkthrough of. Thus the index card. Half the time she is downstairs and I'm upstairs working so this way she can tell me and I can pull it up for her on the iPad. 

We are getting into a routine now that she is back in school. I work like crazy during the day and then when she gets home, it's snack and homework, then dinner and then we will play some Spyro for a bit until bedtime. So far, it seems to work well.

I did have a few moments to do my spread for 2019. There is one card for each month and then a couple in the middle for guiding cards for the overall year. Plus The Wheel of Fortune is my 2019 card of the year. So hopefully, fingers crossed, I am now on an upcycle. Believe me, I feel I have had plenty of 'down' years. So working with the upswing now.


I do want to sit down and journal a bit more in-depth writing on what I feel each month means and the overall 'feel' of it.

I am finding out about the 'downside' of Texter working at Lowe's and preferring the garden center area. Plants!


She also knows I LOVE plants and I want the house filled with them. She keeps an eye out on marked down plants for me. I scored these two Fiddle Leaf Figs for a total of $18 including tax. The tallest one is about 3 feet tall.


One of them has this branch which is damaged and dead at the top, but a couple of small leaves near the bottom and already rooting. I plan on removing it in the coming week and potting it up to see what happens. Savvy wants plants for her house so it may go to her in the future if it works out well.

But probably one of the biggest things is Texter is being transferred to the Lowe's by Mr. RaceCar's house. So close, it's less than a mile away and she can easily walk to/from work! So probably another week of being a taxi service and then I'll have my time back! Not to mention what we will save in gas.

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished two books
  • Wrote 7 posts
  • Took 2 totes of books in, trading at 2nd & Charles. I now have $19 to apply toward filling in gaps in my book collection.
  • The rain and grey ended!
  • Worked on my 2019 plans
  • Packed up my minimal Christmas decorations
  • Received my Death Wish Coffee order

This coming week...

  • Working a few hours at GameStop 
  • Plan out my 'gardening' strategy, inside and out, for the coming year
  • Early release from school on Wednesday for Lady K
  • Walking more! The sun is out again.
  • More work-from-home
  • Finalizing my Fae Trouble notes and outline

But until then, more Death Wish coffee!


Comments

Popular Posts