Week in Review - January 13 - 19

The week has been one of ups and downs. 

Not bad ups and downs, but lots of changes. 

One day the weather is pleasant and the next day...


It's foggy.

Or...



cold and frosty.

The birds finally discovered the bird feeder. They haven't been visiting regularly, but it has been discovered. So far I have had the following visitors...


Tufted Titmouse
Chickadee
Pair of Cardinals
Sparrow

Not a bad start. But I am hoping for more regular visitation.

I finished up the last two meals of my Home Chef delivery.



I had hopes for this dinner in getting me to eat Brussel sprouts. They were roasted with pears and walnuts. NOPE!

And my house smelled for days!

But I loved how they had me do the chicken. Seared in a pan and then popped in the oven to finish. Just like they do it on 'Chopped'.



The last dinner was fajitas. While I do fajitas often (if I can get the meat on sale), I had an assistant this time.

And instead of strips of beef, the meat was shaved, much like you would find on a Philly Steak sandwich. Which meant it was super tender. I enjoyed these. 

However, in the middle of the meal, I got a call to come into work and had to drop of Lady K at Texter's. Since she had just gotten home from work, I gave her the other three fajitas. 

But next time I am going to seek out some shaved beef rather than strips.

BUT...

the big thing this week...

No, make it the HUGE thing this week...

You see, the girls and I have been Eddie Izzard fans for years. We could do whole sections of his shows by rote. He is on a world tour which will bring him within our reach, in Durham. On May 13.
Texter's birthday!

We had texted back and forth we would save our pennies and try and go. 

Then...

I get a text from Texter.


Mr. RaceCar had bought her birthday present early. Three tickets to Eddie. For the three of us to go!

It will be a long day/night as it is about 2.5 hours to the DPAC. But we have to take Lady K to her grandfather's house before the show. And then go back and get her. I can already see us driving home at 2 a.m. and everyone asleep in the car except the driver (that's me!).

But a chance to actually see Eddie Izzard is fantastic.

Did I mention we are keeping Mr. RaceCar? 

Otherwise this week...

  • Two days over 5000 steps. Two more days came close. I really need to get up and move more.
  • Finished 7 books
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Made bagels and a lemon-poppy seed bundt cake
  • A few stitches on 'Electra'

This coming week...

  • Crank out words on Fae Trouble
  • Make bread with Lady K (she's off on Monday)
  • Get up and watch the Super Blood Wolf Moon eclipse
  • Get a few more stitches in 'Electra'
  • Max out hours on my work-from-home
  • Drink more water and walk more steps
But in the meantime, more coffee!





Comments

Popular Posts