Finance Friday - 2020 To Date!

And I am calling it a success!



While I am far from being 100% on point with my budgeting and plans, I think I am about 60% in step. I have ended January with money left over! Bills have been paid on schedule! 

In January I accomplished the following - 

  • Paid off my one little credit card in full
  • Have $66 in my '$1 and change' jar
  • Have $74 in my Christmas fund
  • Did the January Challenge with The Budget Mom group and have $61 saved there
  • Have several sinking funds envelopes with some dollars in there

But February is starting and I have a couple of events already on the books.


I am excited to wind up January and more forward into February and move from about 60% on target to 70% on target (at least).  There is another savings challenge (from my cash envelopes) of $25 a week. I want to crush that challenge too.

After reviewing January and some of the 'binges' I went on, I was feeling a bit disappointed in how I was doing. I was ignoring the positive things which I have accomplished over the past few months. Then I saw the inspirational saying for February.


It reminds me not to beat myself up mentally. That's how I would fall by the wayside in the past. If it couldn't be perfect, why bother? 

So now I am switching my thinking to "Yes, I am not perfect. But I am trying to come closer to perfection every day."

And it helps there are a couple of free events coming up I am participating in during February. Tomorrow is the Brewfest volunteer opportunity. Admission to this event is $50. By volunteering, not only am I getting in free for one session, but I get a hoodie too! Next weekend is a free event at the botanical gardens which Texter, Lady K and I will be going to. FREE!

So for now, it's get ready for work and gear up for a hectic week ahead (scheduled for 40.5 hours). And more $$$$ into my jars and envelopes. 

Comments

Popular Posts