Week in Review - January 12 - 18

After a week of weather in the 60's and low 70's, the shock of Friday and frigid weather was a bit much. Especially after running errands on Thursday and seeing daffodils in bloom and the red bud trees budded out in their pinky purple glory. Now they are freezing their buds off.

I know this is typical of North Carolina weather in the 'winter', but I am not liking it. Make up your mind Mother Nature!

However, I am bumming this morning as my Macrophotography Class at the UNC Botanical Gardens was cancelled due to the instructor being ill. They have said they will be rescheduling at a later date, but I was so looking forward to it today. 

Oh well, I'll write today before going to pick up Lady K. I'm spending the night with her again since she is off school on Monday. We have a 'movie date' planned.

Anyway...

On Thursday, as part of my errand running, I took a bag of clothes for Savvy to Goodwill. 

Now I can't stop and just drop of anything without going in to look around. After all, I do need a new pair of jeans and a pair of black pants for work. 

I didn't find pants, but I found these instead.


By Colorgrande, these are large 'color the picture' designs which included some really nice stretcher bars. I picked up a couple just for the stretcher bars as I have some fabric panels in storage I want to eventually stretch as actual pictures.

Texter was delighted with these. She loves this type of craft, especially since they recommend coloring with crayons or colored pictures. I have a design or two I told her would make great Mother's Day presents (hint, hint).

Also on Thursday, I stopped by Oakdale Greenhouses for a little plant therapy.

While I did come home with a variegated Hoya, I am coveting this jewel...


I am loving the colors of the leaves.

Also, their huge pots of oncidium orchids were in bloom.


Otherwise this week...

  • Review my budget and filled cash envelopes
  • Walked 5000 or more steps 5 days
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Finished 3 books 
  • Used my new Cocoa Daisy stickers for February in my planners
  • Got my bushy head of hair trimmed

This coming week...

  • Pick up Lady K from her dad and spend the night with her
  • Go see Dr. Dolittle (despite the bad reviews - it's probably geared toward 6 year old kids anyway)
  • Finish firming up my outline of the first Queen of the Middle Court book
  • 5 days of work

But for now, more coffee and a snuggle back into my warm bed.



Comments

Popular Posts