Tuesday Sundries - Guess I Need a New Jacket

First off, let me say, I am not, in any way, a clothes person. I don't like shopping for clothes and compared to most people, my closet would seem a bit bare. In fact, I need a couple of pairs of black pants for work and haven't gone shopping for them. My only pair is safety pinned at the waist because they are too big. 

That being said, I love sweaters. Soft, warm, cozy sweaters. Which in the South aren't always a wise choice to wear.

Unfortunately, since I am taller (and wider) than Savvy and Texter, they too like my sweaters. Many times I find my sweaters walking down the hallway toward me. It's a family joke that when I die they are going to have to fight over my sweaters.

This morning I was advised my casual, comfy, warm jacket is under 'attack'!


(I didn't really feel this 'stern', but it is early at the bus stop and not enough coffee yet!)

I bought it while in Montana at Costco. It's a man's jacket and is just warm, soft and throw-it-in-the-laundry when needed. The pockets, which were tacked to the inside to keep them from sagging, have broken free and will hang below the bottom of the jacket if there is anything in the pockets. 

It's my go-to, casual, bumming around jacket. Oversized, even on me.

As Lady K and I were waiting for the bus this morning, I told her I would be there for the afternoon bus, but I was going to have to go back to my house tonight (I've spent the past 5 nights with her).

She took hold of the bottom of my jacket and told me I needed to leave my jacket with her. 

Why?

"Because it helps me remember you and not miss you so much."

Sigh...

I need a new jacket now.

Comments

Popular Posts