Tuesday Sundries - Day Off 'Duties'

Monday was my day off and it was a drizzly day. In the 60's, which is weird for January and a bit scary as far as what 'winter' will be like or what the summer will be like, but just gray and rainy.

My plan was to clean and reorganize my room. 

After years of being less than a great housekeeper, I have found my desire for 'less mess' is a good indicator of my mental state. 

So Monday was a good day to clean, do laundry, change sheets on the bed...all that sort of thing. I also wanted to work a bit on another project related to goals for 2020.

I did have to run across town to loan my van to Mr. RaceCar for him to take a large box to his mechanic, but I worked on the above mentioned project while waiting for him to run his errand.

Anyway...


Back at home...



While dusting and doing a bit of reorganization on the book shelf next to my altar, I dusted and did a bit of rearrangement of the altar. 

I also put all my budget 'stuff' into a basket so I can finish making some cash envelopes and have everything in one spot.


My plants got a bit of rearranging also. Plus, I HAVE to go to the hardware store and get some drywall anchors for one of the shelves. Luckily, it is the very top wall shelf.


In working on the other project, I realized I really, really needed to write out my tasks on my kanban board on individual sticky notes rather than lumping them together. I need to see progress by moving the notes down to the 'done' section more than at the end of the quarter. So that was my Monday night while watching Netflix.

Also included on my Monday night was a bit of menu planning for the coming week. I have a new recipe I want to try out from the Elder Scrolls cookbook.

Tonight (Tuesday) after work, I will be getting my budget book all caught up and set for payday on Wednesday. 

But my room is straightened. Laundry done so I have clean sheets on the bed. The floor is vacuumed. I have a candle burning which is scenting the room. All's right with the world.

Comments

Popular Posts