Writing Wednesday - What A Hypocrite!

Laying in bed and thinking about all the call outs and no shows at work, I fumed. What is it with these people? They can't show up for their shift and then come in for the next one like nothing happened!

Mulling over the issue and the things I really wanted to say to them, but can't, I realized I am a big, fat hypocrite!

You see, for decades I have started stories. Good stories which would make a decent read I think. I have a good half dozen idea which can actually be the start of a series. 

And where are they?

In my mind. Some files in file folders in my filing cabinet or on my computer. Started and stopped. Sitting there doing nothing. 

Which makes me as much of a no-show as those who don't show up for work in real life. Granted, no one is paying me to sit down and write. I don't get a regular paycheck from it. But still, having this dream or goal or desire to actually finish one of my ideas and see it in book form and not doing anything about it on a regular basis makes me as big a no-show as those who call out at the store.


Tasks on my kanban board have been updated and I have pulled out the notebook filled with notes and scenes and my outline and timeline. The outline has been reviewed and Chapter One started (yet again).
I designed the above book cover and will print it out so it is in my face and in my planner, reminding me of what it is that has a priority.

I have posted a couple of signs on the bottom of my kanban board to remind me what I need to be doing. The habits I have going for my budgeting can work for my writing too. 

My plan is not to be a no-show. 

After all, much like playing the lottery, if you don't play, you can't win!

Comments

Popular Posts