Positive Focus Thursday - Little Things

On Wednesday, at lunch, one of my coworkers shared a 'new' product out on the shelves.

First off, I am not an avocado fan (think it's the texture) or of guacamole. But Savvy is. Big time. However, when I tried this I was ready to bring a jar home.


We sprinkled cheese on chips and heated them in the microwave to make some quick and easy cheese nachos and had this salsa on the side. Very nice! 

Actually, this is more of a 'spread' than a salsa. So I'm thinking a tortilla wrap with this rather than mayo or ranch dressing.

Another 'little' thing which happened during a rare period of sunshine this week.


My little prism shining on my pitcher plant. The poor plant is not enjoying its current conditions. I am hoping it is just sulking due to it being winter. The room is cooler than it really likes, but I am hoping I can pull it through until weather warms up and I can move it back outside.

On my journey to financial peace (aka semi-Dave Ramsey) one of the best things is actually having a bit of money left between paychecks. Things are moving along steadily. Yesterday was payday and I stuffed my envelopes for the month (has to last until this time next month) for food, allowance and gas. I also added to my 'sinking funds' for my emergency fund, birthdays, Christmas 2020, and a couple other categories.


So often in life we need to embrace the small things which come our way. Not everything is going to be a huge celebration and fireworks. It will be the little things which flow in and out that bring us a period of joy-that spark which will carry us along a bit further.

Comments

Popular Posts