Thursday, January 04, 2018

First Finish of 2018

I started this Corner-to-Corner afghan out of scrap yarn a couple of months ago, working on it now and then. And it grew. 

And grew.


I realized when I started most of the C2C afghans were done in either fingerling or DK weight yarn, not worsted weight. But I had all this 'extra' yarn and wanted to use it up. In fact, I was going to make this and send it to a friend.


But by the time I was 'finished', it measured 93" x 93" and weighs a ton. It fits on top of a queen size bed nicely. 

It also acts as a 'weighted blanket' for Lady K, as she walks off with it and takes it to bed with her.

So now I know. 'One more row does not mean, one more row!'

But on these below zero days, it is nice and toasty in the recliner. All over the recliner. Several skeins of yarn have been successfully used up. And I have the first completed project for 2018 on day 3 of the year. Not too shabby.

Now onto the next finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot.