Friday Fibers and Fabrics - January 19


Friday Fibers and Fabrics will be all about what is under my needle, on my needles, being 'hooked' - basically, anything crafty involving the fiber arts.

Last Saturday, avoiding cleaning my desk, I pulled out this little kit I had purchased several months ago for Texter. From Thread Follower, it was a fox kit.

Normally I don't do dolls or stuffed things. Mainly because the pieces are generally tiny and I don't get them as precise as you need to. 

However, this was is all hand sewn, so I figured I could do it and get it off my 'to-do' list before the move.

First, the materials in the kit were top quality and seemed to have plenty for the project.


The directions were simple, yet detailed. Illustrations accompanied each step and made it easy to make progress on my Lady Fox.


They even included the pipe cleaners for the legs and arms. And I love how they had you do the limbs! Made it so easy.



Texter claims it looks somewhat like a mouse in the face. Personally, I'm not caring what it looks like. It's done! Crossed off the list.

On Ringo Lake Mystery Quilt? Sigh...

I think my problem is I have lost my drive to work on it. There are hundreds of little pieces to sew together, trim and then sew to something else. So I decided to treat it like 'eating an elephant' - one bite at a time. It's getting there. I have 5 blocks ready to finish sewing together. 


Once they are together I have enough blocks to then start putting it together and have a corner done. 

It's a damn big elephant though.

I have one block of the Charlotte Dreams afghan completed.



I have also started on the second block, just swapping the placing of the colors. With three colors I can make 6 different blocks, moving where the colors are used. While the pattern uses a 'smaller' yarn and hook, I am making this in worsted weight yarn and should only have to make 6 blocks to make a nice lap sized afghan.


I am enjoying the fact since I have made this block once already, the second one is 'easier' and taking less time. I am not having to look up how to do certain stitches or techniques. Which really makes me happy since it lets me binge-watch 'Grace and Frankie' while working on it. 

The color changes make it so interesting to see how the same pattern looks with just swapping out the colors.

The only other thing I am working on is a piece of needlework. I'm back to cross stitching and working on an intense piece. Solid, tiny stitches. And I only have a tiny, tiny corner started of the background - so not much to show right now.

Slowly eating that herd of elephants!





Comments

Popular Posts