Week In Review - January 7 - 13


If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, then you have seen this picture in various stages of progress. I saw this afghan a couple of weeks ago and started drooling. And since it's called Charlotte Dreams I had to make it. I don't know why I was surprised I loved the design since it's by Dedri of Sophie's Universe which was started and consumed by the Temple of Fire.

Texter had a prep session for orientation at Helena College this past week, so I took my yarn and pattern, sitting in the student center, waiting for her to finish up. She can't wait for this semester to start and has been going nuts at home. There are two orientation sessions for new students she is leading and it's a bit bittersweet as this is her last semester. Next week it all starts again!

I have also hit a wall mentally over meal planning. I sit here thinking about what to plan and it's like I haven't cooked in my life. Lately, it's been a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches which suits Lady K just fine. I did make Tuscan White Bean, Sausage and Kale Soup using Gimme Some Oven's recipe. Quick, easy and delicious. If you haven't discovered Ali yet, do so. She has fantastic recipes (most of them pretty healthy). Ignore the fact she's as cute as she can be, has a cute husband and just moved to Spain to live. As Savvy reminded me, 'green doesn't look good on me'.


I did do a little 'reorganizing' on my sewing table.  


My desk is next.


I pulled out a project and started it when I got bored with 'reorganizing' my desk. When in doubt, avoid doing what needs to be done!

Otherwise this week...

  • Finished 7 books!
  • Wrote 5 posts
  • Had a 30-minute massage (more on that later)
  • Did a TON of laundry and got it put away with Texter's help

For the coming week...

  • Finish cleaning my desk area
  • Finish up my soup bowls holders and dog pillow
  • Package the above for shipping to friends
  • Clean up my room (which is shared with Lady K's toys)
  • Do some updating on my journal
  • Complete 5 more blocks of the On Ringo Lake quilt
  • Complete 1 block of Charlotte Dreams
  • Attend a Yoga of Healthy Aging workshop at the library
  • Take books back to the library!
  • Gulch Distillers class on Brunch Cocktails (must to Savvy's disappoint as she is working that day)
  • Finish reading a couple of books I need to review

But in the meantime, I need more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts