Positive Focus Thursday - January 18

Today will be a long day at school for Texter. Not only does she have a class today, but it's also the last orientation session she is going to be involved with. In her 3 years at Helena College, she has done 5 semesters of orientation sessions. They are going to miss her.

Which brings me to the purpose of my Thursday posts - 




Being a 'bit cynical' (please hold your laughter), I am trying this year to look for the positive in everyday life.

Which brings me to my massage I had Wednesday a week ago.

Several months ago I was given a gift certificate to Ocean Spirit and set up an appointment for Texter and I to get a massage. And it went downhill from there. It was a terrible experience, with yelling and bad reviews.

Fast forward to right after the first of the year.

I received a call from the owner, who left a message on my phone. I showed it to Texter, laughing. 

I was just going to ignore it, not wanting to get sucked back into the bad feelings of the earlier experience. However, Texter called her back.

First, I have to say I was really impressed with Texter's conduct on the phone with her. To the extent they were laughing and chatting like old friends. And a 're-do' of our massage experience.

I went, mainly for Texter's sake. I was still a bit sceptical about what would happen when we got there. 

But it was really pleasant. We both had 30 minutes in the massage chair (which we want now), pariffin wax on our hands and feet, aromatherapy oil rubbed into hands and feet. Basically, what we had hoped for our first time around.

It goes to show I need to not shut my mind down when it comes to certain situations and/or people. After all, we all deserve a second chance.

And while I am looking for the 'good' rather than 'bad', I am loving this flower. At over 2 feet tall, it acted like an amaryllis should, although not in time for Christmas. It's buddy acted weird and didn't do what it was suppose to do. 


As temperatures plunge down and creep up, only to drop again, it's lovely to have it there, being cheerful and bright.

But for now, I'm not taking the moments of sunshine through the window in the afternoon for granted. I really like Texter moving my sewing table over in front of the window. Makes my 'own little corner' and I have my amaryllis and an orchid sitting there. Makes for a pleasant focus on cold, snowy days.

Comments

Popular Posts