Bookish Thursday - Wrong Place Wrong Time by Gillian McAllister



Monday evening, after an 8 hour car ride and 6 hours walking the beach, I laid down and picked up this book which I had checked out from the library.

It was a book I had picked up based on what one of the BookTubers I follow. I wasn't expecting much. First off, it's a 'book club choice'. I usually don't like book club choice books. They aren't really up to my taste.

However, the premise of this book was compelling from the start. 

Jen is awaiting the arrival of her 18-year-old son home from a late night out. While watching from a window, she witnesses him stabbing a man. As a lawyer, she is scared of what will happen to her son and wonders what and how this happened. 

The next day Jen wakes up and it is the day before the murder. Each day Jen wakes up, further back in time, looking for clues as to why it happened and what she can do to stop it. And slowly the clues pile up and it is much more complex than she could have ever imagined, involving not only her son, but her husband too.

The read was so good I finished it in a 24 hour period. 

So if you are looking for an interesting who-done-it, pick this book up.

 

Comments

Popular Posts