Writing Wednesday - I Feel Like a Brick!



Camp NaNoWriMo started on April 1 (not a joke) and my goal is to edit If You Cook You Don't Do The Dishes. And I was doing great the first couple of days.

I had even set up in my calendar I wouldn't be writing on the 3rd due to going to the beach with Lady K. We did and I didn't get any writing in that day. The beach, from Charlotte, is a 4 hour trip. So 8 hours in the car and 6 hours walking the beach left me exhausted.

Then yesterday, I was recuperating. I did manage to start and finish a book in the same day (review of it posting tomorrow). But mainly I went from chair to bed and back again. Zero get-up-and-go!

So I canceled my plans to drive to Raleigh today. That's 3 hours in each direction. And while I was greatly anticipating seeing a good friend and visiting La Farm Bakery, I just couldn't. Especially when I realized last night, sometime over the past couple of days, my necklace has fallen off. The one with my 'Mother Tree' on it. The one the girls gave me for Christmas a few years ago. I am so hoping it fell off in the house and I find it as I clean. But I am a bit bummed out this morning. 

Oh, and the brick is inside for a reason.

I brought it inside to measure the dimensions so I can start planning out a layout for the bricks. However, at the present time, my carefully stacked bricks are being rearranged outside by Lady K into a fort or something. 

I will attempt to get a bit of the book edited before I head outside to pot up plants. And look in the car for the necklace. 

Come on, Self! Deep breath, more coffee and get busy!

 

Comments

Popular Posts