Food and Fiber Friday - Strawberries and a Sweater




Despite the fact I have enough projects upstairs to start my own store, I HAD to have this pattern - Serged Dream Sweater Coat by Crochetwise. And I am doing it in similar colors. I know a little someone who would like this. It's something I can do a piece at a time - we will see what decade I have it done in. But with the weather warming up, I think this will be a good hiding-from-the-heat project this summer.




On Wednesday, I just couldn't bring myself to make the 6 hour drive to/from Raleigh. Not after Monday's drive of 8 hours round trip to go to the beach with Lady K. So we were going to stay home, until I read about 1/2 price strawberries because the U-Pick farm was anticipating the rain today and wanted to get the ripe strawberries picked ASAP. So off we go!

Hall Family Farm was a pleasant surprise. Not only were there strawberries to pick, but they had a full slate of other things to do. Lady K was a bit disappointed she was too tall to go into the play area, but she had a blast sliding down a slide made from a large drainage tube. There was also a Gem Mine, hay ride and lots of food to chose from.

So 12 pounds of strawberries are in my refrigerator which will be turned into jam. Strawberry is my #2 choice of jam to make, peach being #1. And I am actually almost out of strawberry. So today, before work, I will make at least 1 batch of jam. Plus I'll take a container of strawberries to work with me for a snack. Some may make it to the freezer for smoothies or slushies.

Come on rain! I need you to rain and move on so I can get into the yard and get to planting!






 

Comments

Popular Posts