Positive Focus Sunday - Week 3




After a few weeks, maybe months, of feeling a bit 'down', things are picking up. 

What is out in the garden has been flourishing. 'Christine', the peony, has opened up her first flower and I couldn't be happier. Looking at her brings tears to my eyes. All the ups and downs she has gone through since I have gotten her seem to echo all the ups and downs in my life over the previous few years. And there she is, in all her blooming glory!




There is still A LOT to do in the garden. But I can see the forward progress being made almost daily. Which spurs me on to do more. One of the best decisions I have made recently was to change my hours at work from early morning to afternoons. Being able to get out into the garden in the morning has really propelled me forward. Of course, it also makes me not want to go into work!

The two bird boxes are occupied! I knew a pair of Easter Bluebirds had set up residence in one. And I noticed the past couple of days it seems there might be a Titmouse nesting in the second box. At least, I think it might be a titmouse. Haven't been able to really catch a good view of them...yet.

Do have a bit of ant hill removal at the front gate. Unfortunately, I discovered it as I dumped a bag of dog food over the gate. When I went to pick it up to move it inside, there were ants everywhere. Hence, I have a couple of nasty ant bites on my arms. Have to love Benadryl.

The wildflower seeds I scattered on the little slope beside the house seem to be coming up. At least I hope its flowers. There wasn't anything growing there before, so the green popping up should be flowers. Looking forward to them later in the summer and hopefully, they will reseed themselves. 

This coming week is more work on the veggie garden. I want to start getting beans planted, especially pole beans on the arches. I have one more arch to erect and another short 'tomato fence' to install. And if worms were truly gold, I would be a millionaire. My garden area is one huge worm bed. 

So I am ending this week on a bit of a high. The herb society plant sale at a local farmer's market went well. Plus, I ended up coming home with a few more plants - surprise, surprise! The coming week is supposed to be fairly pleasant and I have plans for each day in the garden. Hopefully, by 01 May the garden will be planted in back and I can turn my attention to the mess in the front yard. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts