Seedy Saturday - Slowly But Surely



It's getting there!

This past week saw some forward momentum in getting the veggie garden cleaned out and planted.

The long (31 feet) tomato fence is up. One side has been planted with tomatoes-32. Yes, they are close together, but I prune them, so they will be fine. The second side will be planted next week, with a couple of 'skips' where one side of the two arches is planted. Since this row is only 3 feet wide, planting tomatoes behind the arch isn't going to work. So I am putting flowers and/or basil in there.

A few potatoes are in, along with my squashes. I have 4 'winter' squashes and 1 yellow squash - one that grows vertically. The Detroit Red beets and Rainbow chard are coming up, along with the Sugar Snap peas. 











What I am really excited about is my Broad Beans are up and I can't wait to see how they turn out.




There is so much going on in the garden and so much left to do! 

Today is the Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society of Gaston County's Plant Sale. So I'm off with a car load of strawberry flats for people to carry off plants in. Also some wooden crates for decoration in the booth. 

So a busy morning! Let's hope Krispy Kreme has their 'hot' sign on!



Comments

Popular Posts