Week in Review - April 3 - 9, 2023

 



What a busy, busy week!

Lady K was on Spring Break and we had a couple of plans in place for her time with us. 

Monday we were up early and on the road, heading to Kure Beach and Fort Fisher Aquarium for the day. Food and drinks were packed, along with some towels. However, we both didn't bring extra clothes to change into. We didn't get in the water all the way, but walking the beach and submerging our feet, we managed to get a bit wet. 




It started out really sunny, but then clouds rolled in. However, it wasn't that cold and overall we had a great day. But it was 8 hours in the car for the round trip. And with walking the beach for about 6 hours, it was a tiring day.

Therefore, we lazed around on Tuesday for the most part. Lady K did help me get up 2 of the 4 arches I want in the garden. Fingers crossed, the hog wire I have for the arches will hold up to the weight of the beans and squashes I plan on growing up them this summer. My plan will be to replace the hog wire over winter with cattle panels. I have to save some money for that!

Wednesday we had planned to drive to Raleigh - 6 hours in the car for the round trip. And I just couldn't face it. So instead we drove 1 hour down to Lancaster, South Carolina to pick strawberries. Hall Family Farm had posted half-price strawberries as they wanted their field picked before the rains came. Twelve pounds of strawberries later, along with some funnel cake, and another fun day was wrapped up.

Thursday I just vegged. I was totally wiped out! And with the approaching rain, my head was killing me and I just couldn't motivate myself to do much. That feeling carried over into Friday as the heavens opened up and the rains started. Two full days of rain. Plus between Thursday morning, when I mowed the yard and it was in the low 80's, the temperatures dropped about 40 degrees!

I had taken Lady K back to her mom on Thursday and then picked her up again on Sunday, after work, so we can head back to her house on Monday.

Otherwise this week...

  • 7 posts written
  • 1700 words edited
  • 7 books finished reading

This coming week...

  • Making 2-3 batches of strawberry jam
  • Taking Lady K back home
  • Visiting 3 state parks briefly to get our 'stamps' in our 'passports'
  • Cutting bamboo for use in the garden for fencing and the like
  • Plant sale for the Rosemary and Thyme Herb Society on Saturday
  • Potting up more plants for the Master Gardening upcoming plant sale
  • Getting more 'stuff' planted in the garden
  • Getting the tomato fence set up and plants in the grown

But in the meantime, it's more coffee and then hitting the road to take Lady K home with stops for the library book sale, cutting bamboo and getting our state park stamps.



Comments

Popular Posts