Foodie Friday - Dutch Baby Pancake with Apples and Cinnamon Whipped Cream


Yep...

That was what remained. 

Not really...I actually licked the plate since I was in the privacy of my own home!

I woke up Thursday morning wanting to make 'something' for breakfast. And I had apples I need to use up. Plus a bit of heavy cream which needs to be used.

Dutch Baby with Apples and Cinnamon Whipped Cream!

I love Dutch Baby Pancakes. There are tons of recipes out there, but it's mainly milk, flour and eggs.

They are quick and easy and you can dress them up or down. Plus Savvy was up and she will eat a bite or two if they aren't too sweet. (She is a savory breakfast person.)


I melted the butter (as you do from the recipe) and then added the apples and returned the pan to the oven to cook while I made the batter.

Thirty minutes later...


I think it is so much fun to see how it puffs up while cooking. It goes fall a bit when removed from the oven and starts cooling, but it is a fun look when it first comes out of the oven.



A dollop of whipped cream with some cinnamon and it's ready to eat. I couldn't resist a sprig of mint to add some color to the plate.

One good thing about a Dutch Baby is that I doubt I spend more than 10 minutes prepping and putting it in the oven. The best thing is by the time the oven heats to 425 degrees, you have the batter done. Most recipes say to put the ingredients into a blender, but I don't have one handy and it is just as easy to mix by hand. 

I have made it and dusted it with powdered sugar and maple syrup. Or fresh strawberries. I am sure you could make a savory topping of chopped bacon and the like since the pancake itself isn't all that sweet.




Comments

Popular Posts