Week in Review - April 5 - 11

Ok, so we didn't exactly stay a home all week. Almost all of it though and when I did venture out it was to locations where it was easy to stay away from others.

Friday was the day I had to take Lady K to meet up with her dad in South Carolina. It's about 50 miles (1 hour) each way. And I was bored at home. Plus Lady K was bouncing off the walls at home and driving Texter nuts.

So I proposed picking her up early and driving 2 hours east to Sanford and visiting Big Bloomers which was recommended by a friend in Apex.

I have to say this place is dangerous to anyone who likes plants. I can't wait until I have my own garden because then those peonies, lilacs, iris... will be coming home with me. In the meantime...



It is strawberry time in North Carolina. Easter means strawberries are usually ready for picking. Unfortunately, we will have to pass on the U-Pick-Em this year (probably). But the roadside stands are open and I stopped and picked up a bucket of some of the first strawberries of the season.

If you have never eaten a local, fresh REAL strawberry, you have missed out on a tasty delight. They are totally different from the plastic strawberries you normally get in the grocery store. As you can see they were sampled almost immediately.


Big Bloomers Flower Farm is huge! Several greenhouses filled with goodies. I didn't even venture inside the store. 


I can't think of too many plants they don't have in stock. I did come home with a few more tomatoes and mainly herbs. 

Lady K was also picking out flowers. Mainly pink. Pink was the deciding factor. A begonia came home because not only was it pink, but it looked 'sparkly'. Everyone needs a certain criteria for selecting plants.

But she discovered Lamb's Ear. 

It is cushy and fuzzy and almost like a stuffed animal in plant form. She snatched one up and I don't think I could have taken it away from her if I tried.


It was windy and cool, but well worth the drive. And a great way to be out of the house and yet away from people at the same time. I really appreciate the fact they were staying open for plant therapy. They did have the walkway to the cash register (which was moved outside) at 6 foot intervals for people to stay apart from each other. 

I then drove more backroads to drop off Lady K, who took 2 leaves with her of her plant. When I pick her up Sunday evening I will spend the night with her and we will plant up her flowers, weather permitting. 

It has been a lot of Animal Crossing and letter writing. I also did my first Zoom meetup for a writing group. Unfortunately, it was only the leader and myself who showed up and we talked for about 45 minutes and decided to call it a night. 

Otherwise this week...


  • Not one day over 5000 steps
  • Finished 1 book 
  • Wrote 11 letters
  • Wrote 9 posts (some will come out next week)
  • Rested a lot!

This coming week...

  • 'Sleepover' with Lady K to plant her flowers (depending on the rain)
  • Back to work!
  • Save the Cat software and working on Sanctuary
  • Menu plan from the pantry
  • Rest after work and destress

But for now it's off to work (after more coffee)


Comments

Popular Posts