Tuesday Sundries - Animal Crossing Bonding


Yes, I have fallen down the Animal Crossing rabbit hole!

And I would never have expected that to happen. Texter, yes. Me, no.

But as silly as it might seem, to be so caught up in a video game, it has really been a lot of fun to get Savvy, Texter, Lady K and myself together for some fun times despite being in separate households.

Several evenings a week, Savvy is sitting on my bed with her Switch. I'm in my desk chair with my Switch. And then Texter is at her home with her Switch and we have a video call going. 

And not to be left out, Lady K is bouncing around in the background and the foreground, regaling us with her views on life. Major tragedy happened this week when the cat knocked over her little silver Christmas tree and it broke the star on the top.

Not only are we having fun playing the game together, but Aunt Savvy is delighted to interact with her "Mini-Me", Lady K. 

It is also interesting to see our each of us have our 'islands' set up. 

Texter has this fantastic island. It is all landscaped and decorated and very planned. Plus she is on her second or third makeover. Savvy is more 'organic' and is paying more attention to clothing and the interior of her house. 

For myself, I am in between. I am slowly doing a simple island design, focusing mainly on creating my flower crosses (by the way, I need lilies and cosmos!)

So what may seem like a silly, cute little game is really a great way for us to spend some time together.

Now I have to go water my plants!

Comments

Popular Posts