Positive Focus Thursday - What I Am Learning About Myself

                           
                          "When you let me in, then I want to go out
                           I'm always on the wrong side of every door
                          And as soon as I'm at home, then I'd like to get about
                          I like to lie in the bureau drawer
                          But I make such a fuss if I can't get out"

Those are the lyrics from the song about Rum Tum Tugger from Cats. And this is how I am feeling after spending a week or so in 'self-quarantine'. 

If you had asked me before this, I would have said I am a homebody and love spending time at home. But now, when I am forced to stay at home, I just want OUT!

I am lucky I have a garden/yard I can get out into. I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't have that escape. 

But what else am I discovering?


With time on my hands, I am not doing all the things I think I normally would do. Of course, my sewing machine is in storage and I am pretty much confined to one room. Therefore, I am not doing the sewing I probably would otherwise. 

And with the yard not being my own, I am gardening in containers, rather than in the ground (or raised beds). But hopefully next year. The side yard garden has lead me to really want an 'enclosed' garden area when I get my own house. I love the feeling of being in my own little world.

It's been hard for me to focus. I noticed I wasn't looking at my planner daily. When I do, I am focused on what I feel needs to be done. It's my anchor, my touchstone. So back to being on a routine.

I am staying away from the news. There was a time when I couldn't start the morning without turning on the morning news, if for nothing else than to listen to the weather. I don't watch it any more. It's too depressing for me to listen to on a daily basis.

I am allowing myself time to 'do nothing'. Yep, just chill and do nothing, except maybe play some Animal Crossing. Savvy, Texter and I are having fun playing the game and find time daily to play together. Savvy and her friends also get together online during the day to play together. 

Since I will be back to work on Sunday (our work week starts then and I am sure I will be scheduled for Sunday), I am enjoying these last few days of relaxation. I have been catching up on my letter writing and to sit and enjoy the garden. A bit of reading and writing. 

So stay positive (this too shall end) and enjoy the time to slow down.





Comments

Popular Posts