Week in Review - March 29 - April 4

Well...

Yeah...

I guess the important happening of the week is that I am now under self-quarantine.

The good news is that I don't feel I have even a mild case of C-19. 

Tuesday I came home from work early with a severe headache (which had been occurring over the past couple of days), tight chest (no cough), wonky stomach and super fatigued. After sleeping for two days (thank you Tylenol and NyQuil), I talked via video chat with a doctor.

Due to (1) my symptoms, (2) my age, and (3) where I work, his recommendation was to self-quarantine for 7 days. And boy, was I ready for it!

Already, I feel a ton better. I have been alternating between bed, the desk chair and the patio chair. I have also been alternating between a bit of writing and playing a lot of Animal Crossing. 


The steps I am logging each day have been telling a story. Under 1000 for two days and under 5000 the rest of the time. 

The worse part of the whole thing is thinking about my Food Lion co-workers who are still out there on the front lines. I think stress played a HUGE roll in my illness. And without me there, the load has increased. Not that I am such a valuable employee, but rather I am a body doing a job which now has to pick up the slack.


I did briefly break my quarantine (like thousands of others) and did a bit of grocery shopping at Target on Saturday. I did go in with a list and it was wham-bam and then out. Savvy went with me to speed things along.

Ingredients for s'mores made it into the cart. Mr. Arizona has been cleaning up the backyard and burning the limbs in his fire pit at night. S'mores were made last night. 

My days, when it warms up a bit, are spent on the patio, listening the bees. I need to get bird netting soon to protect the baby blueberries. But right now the bush is covered in big carpenter bees. And doing some lizard watching - we have a five-line skink and a green anole hanging out around the patio.

Lavender bud


I made some mint tea the other day for iced tea and Savvy drank it down like crazy. Together we have been 'planning' meals and need to really start cleaning out the pantry over the next week or so, using what we have.

Otherwise this past week...

  • Wrote 6 posts 
  • Started using the 'Save the Cat' software and moving notes from paper to the software
  • Watched a lot of BritBox 

This coming week...

  • More Animal Crossing (boy, does Texter have a fantastic looking island!)
  • Catch up on letter writing (now that I feel I am not contagious)
  • More resting up for a return to work 

But in the meantime, more coffee!



Comments

Popular Posts