Positive Focus Sunday - I Have Not Failed!

August into September have always been like New Year's to me. 

Traditionally, it is a time when school started. First for me and then for my daughters. And now my granddaughter.

September is also my birthday month. 

This year it is especially important to get 'realigned'. 

The 'C' word has impacted 2020 to the point we are starting to look at life now as the new normal. None of us have any idea of when things will get back to the 'old normal'. 

I know I started the year on with a strong intent. Today, I feel like I have been derailed.

Never would I have thought my job at a grocery store would make me an 'essential worker'. Never would I have thought Lady K would not be posing on the front steps on the first day of school for pictures before she heads off to the first day of the second grade. 

But it has happened. 


Over the past few days I have been thinking about where I thought I would be this time a few months ago. 

I haven't followed my budget like I wanted to. Part of me feels like I am not any closer to getting my own home. 

As I sat down and did my 'payday' bill paying on the 1st, I realized something really, really BIG. 

I HAVE NOT FAILED!

Granted I am not exactly where I wanted to be financially. However, I haven't thrown up my hands and said, 'I didn't do it!' and go back to my old ways for handling money. 

I am still on the right path. I paid bills and I am not behind on anything. I just bought a Chromebook for Lady K and her school work and I still paid bills. 

I HAVE NOT FAILED!

In this weird time we find ourselves in, I have a job which is 'essential'. I have income coming in and I am not worried about whether or not I'll have a job or a paycheck. Plus I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. 

I have some minor medical issues which will probably need some minor surgery, but I have insurance  which will cover most of it. And I can handle the rest. In the past, I would be putting it all off. Actually, I probably wouldn't have gone to the doctor at all and let it go until it became a major problem. 

Both my daughters are in a good place and things are going well for them. Texter has accepted she will become a 'teacher' for at least a semester. Savvy is back at work and things are going well for her and her store. 

My garden is growing well, probably one of the best gardens I have ever had. 

I HAVE NOT FAILED!

So...

It's reset time.

I accept while things haven't gone exactly the way I planned, but it doesn't mean I did 'bad'. It just means I didn't do as well as I hoped and I just need to restart with the new month. 

It's OK. 

I am truly blessed, more so than many, many people. I am grateful. I am thankful. 




Comments

Popular Posts