Seedy Saturday - And It Keeps Growing!

Yesterday I came home and dumped tomatoes, along with some onion, peppers and garlic, on a tray with some olive oil to slow roast to make some sauce. 

But the plants outside are coming along rather well despite the heat and humidity.




My Dutchman's Pipe Vine is well over 10 feet tall. What started out as a couple of really small plants which survived the winter, it is going great guns. I love the heart shaped leaves. Now if it will put out some flowers (even if they are supposed to stink). 


I have managed not to kill my Vanda orchid (yet). And it must be liking my treatment of soaking it in a tub of water and then hanging it up outside. It has put on several large roots and a new leaf. 

One thing I haven't taken a recent picture of is my lotus seeds. 

I dropped 5 seeds into a glass of water. Four of the seeds have sprouted and I need to find a container to plant them into to set in a bucket. I will probably do two seeds per pot. I need to do that soon. 


'Jamie' Plumeria is loving outside in the tropical area. It is leaning a bit in it's growth, but lots of leaves and the new growths have grown at least a foot this year. In fact, it is covering up the avocado tree.


The morning glory is now about 10 feet long also and very full. It was a volunteer plant and surprised me when it showed up.

For now, it is just about keeping the tomatoes in check and thinking about fall planting. I do have a couple of tomatoes which need to be removed as they have finished they 'journey'. I am thinking lettuce. But with temperatures in the 90's it hard to think about plants which need cooler days.


Comments

Popular Posts