Week in Review - August 3 - 9

Well, it's been a quiet week - family-wise. Lady K has been with her dad for almost 3 weeks now. This is the longest we have been apart. And even though I no longer live with her, I am use to spontaneous FaceTime calls.

But I pick her up on Tuesday.

Anyway...


I ended the week with firing up the grill and making some kabobs. I took advantage of the charcoal by also cooking some hamburgers I can take to lunch during the coming week. 

But Mr. Arizona, Savvy and I actually sat down together for a dinner of baked potato, salad and kababs. And some chatting. Very pleasant.

I tried a new eating establishment which just opened by work - Sully's Shaved Ice. I had one of their shaved ice/ice cream combinations. It sounds a bit odd, but it works so well. I think it will become a habit. Move over Starbucks!

I took some extra taco-stuff to a couple of friends this week. I also wrote 2 letters and sent 10 postcards off via PostCrossing.

My water feature was completed and I added a couple of koi to it. I am very pleased with the outcome. Now for my lotus to grow and bloom!

I received Laurell K Hamilton's latest book, Sucker Punch. Unfortunately, I really can't come up with a good enough reason to stay home and read this 600 page book. There is a really good story going on and I am savoring every page.

Otherwise this week...


This coming week...

  • Pick up Lady K
  • Pick up Lady K's school 'stuff' in order to be ready for the start of 'remote learning' this semester
  • Appointment with the doctor to see what the next step in my 'issue' is
  • Finish Sucker Punch

But for now, more coffee and off to work!

Comments

Popular Posts