Seedy Saturday - I'm Falling!

Well, not really falling, but have mentally turned the corner to fall.

And the garden is saying, for the most part, 'ok, we are done!'

My list of chores for Tuesday (my day off) is to remove the tomatoes which are 'done' and maybe take a few cutting of suckers to see if I can get a few tomatoes later in the year before it gets too cold.

But in the meantime, with the empty containers, I have plans...




I am going to sow some lettuces, kale and catnip for a fall garden. And see if I can eek out a bean harvest before it gets too cold.

And like my friends in Montana, I am already thinking about next year. Mr. Arizona is actually thinking about gardening. Of course, he only eats a couple of vegetables, so it's corn and potatoes for him next year. And some green onions. 

For myself, beyond my tomatoes and basil, I want to do some beans next year, mainly pole beans. 

But for now, I am anticipating cleaning up the garden, canning a few more quarts of tomatoes and  figure out what to do with a bush of peppers, hot and sweet. 

And checking out seed catalogs for next year!

Comments

Popular Posts