Positive Focus Sunday - It's Not My Circus!

I really enjoy my job. 

I enjoy shopping for groceries for other people.

However...

There are times I get really irritated with some of my co-workers, especially the young ones on the front end. 

And I was 'ranting' to my To-Go Lead about a situation and telling him I was having to remind myself things which happen on the front end was not my responsibility any more and I needed to learn to let it go. After all, "Not my circus, not my monkeys".



He always listens very nicely, even when he's laughing at me. And his experience in the retail business is invaluable. 'PF' has several years with Food Lion and is an invaluable asset to me when it comes to the day-to-day life of a store. He also is very good at dragging me off the ceiling and making me laugh.

As I was saying I needed to 'let it go, it's not my circus', he pointed out...

'It is your circus, it's just not your ring. There are three rings in the circus. You are in one and they are over there in another ring. You can watch what's going on over there, but it's just not in your ring."

WOW!

Ok. I like that. 

So while I can watch and be concerned about what is going on, whether it be in my workplace or the rest of the world I have to deal with. Unless they invade my 'ring', I can watch and take it in, but not get all upset and out of sorts over it. 

This has let me take a step back and be more positive in my actions rather than just reacting and going off on a situation. 

I think I need some popcorn now!


Comments

Popular Posts