Whatever Thursday - I'm From Another Century!

I was off last Sunday. And it was the day before school starts. Granted it's 'remote learning', but still school starts.

And Lady K badly needed a haircut to trim away all the split ends from spending three weeks in a swimming pool. So I offered to drive everyone to get a hair trim.

Well...

It seems Texter was advised she didn't go because she knew what she wanted done to her hair and, most importantly, her mom had already spent too much time with me while she was gone. Lady K needed time alone with Grandma.

So off we go. And we got her hair cut. Stopped and walked around the Farmer's Market, buying flowers for Texter and myself.

Before heading home, we stopped a Sully's Shaved Ice and got a snow cone.


The banana/bubblegum/cherry snow cone rated 'a 100 thumbs-up' from Lady K. 

And before you ask, we wore masks into the shop and only took them off when we were outside, alone, eating our snow cones.

Anyway...

On the way home I was asked what my 'birthday numbers' were. 

I responded, "9/16..."

And she responded immediately, "2000 and what?"

I answered, "1957, not 2000."

"Oh, a different century."

Yes, she is correct. I was born in a different century. And I could have been ok at that point. But she had another question.

"Did you have electronics when you were born?"

Fortunately, it is illegal, or at least immoral, to drop kick a 7 year old out of a moving car.

My answer, "Yes, and water in the house too."

"Hmmm..."

History is going to be a riot in school for her!

Comments

Popular Posts