Week in Review - August 10 - 16

It's been a 'back-breaking' week.

Well, not exactly back-breaking, but rather, my back is still bothering me. And then I realized moving boxes of coins, which weigh 25-30 pounds each, could have something to do with it when I work in the office. 

And since I am preparing for surgery, I can't really take an muscle relaxers or pain pills. So I have muscle balm and smell like menthol. Good thing I like the smell.


Most of my time this week has been spent coddling my back. And getting my pre-surgery check-up to be sure I am a candidate for the surgery. I think the doctors are a bit disappointed that other than my weight, which when I lose it will fix a couple of other things, I am hale and hearty. 

So a trip to Farmer's Market and a lot of field peas, green beans, and corn for meatless meals! It's not completely vegan or vegetarian as I season with salt pork. But I am enjoying the vegetables. 

Of course, after wandering the garden in the 66 degree weather Sunday morning (heaven), I have more tomatoes and peppers to figure out what do to with them. More canning in my future. Maybe some 'Cowboy Jalapeños'?

We picked up Lady K's backpack from school with all the workbooks and papers for at least this semester at home. Texter has set up the Chromebook and iPad for the video classroom time. School starts today, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. 

My Sunday off was spent, not only enjoying the cool weather, but doing some planning and 'regrouping' for the coming month and for Q4. It's fun not to have anything I 'have' to do (other than put away my laundry) and can just putter and plan.

Otherwise this week...

  • Walked over 5000 steps only 3 days this week (damn back)
  • Finished 4 books
  • Wrote 4 posts
  • Two doctor appointments done!

The coming week...

  • Find out when my surgery is scheduled for!
  • Trim the tomato plants to see which might make a comeback. Otherwise, take some sucker cuttings and root them to see if I can get a fall harvest of tomatoes.
  • Clear out the spent tomato plants and sow some lettuce, kale and chard. Maybe a late sowing of beans to see if I can sneak some in before it gets too cold. 

But for now, I am off to work for a day of grocery shopping for others!



Comments

Popular Posts