Seedy Saturday - Water Features, Roots and Harvesting

The harvesting has started full force!


I made some pasta sauce and salsa. Now I need to start doing a bit of canning.

And my 5 lotus seeds I dropped into water have turned into this...


Three of the seeds sprouted immediately and quickly sent up leaves and started developing roots. One is a bit slower and is finally getting started. The fifth one was a dud, but that is to be expected. I still have 15 more seeds to use.

Anyway, it was time to pot up the lotus plants. So I created a larger water feature as the little bucket was quickly becoming overrun with the water lilies. 


I also bought this inexpensive solar water 'fountain' for the water feature. Talk about quick and easy and dummy proof! Out of the box and into the water and it immediately started spraying water. 

It is solar powered, so if it's cloudy or dark the fountain doesn't go as high or it stops all together. But I am fine with that. It's enough to make a nice noise and give the water a bit of aeration for the fish. 

I also bought a water hyacinth - just because I could.

It's lovely to sit beside it and listen to the water. I can't wait until it cools off a bit more and it's more comfortable to sit outside - even in the shade.








Comments

Popular Posts