Whatever Thursday - Hummingbirds!

I haven't seen a hummingbird 'on the wing', so to speak, lately.

Until yesterday.

My first sighting was at Oakdale Greenhouses where I was purchasing a water hyacinth.

Then when I got home and was working on my water feature I heard birds squabbling. I looked up to see two hummingbirds, one of which was sitting on a branch in the willow tree in the back yard.

Later that evening, as I was sitting outside enjoying my new water feature and the quiet I was treated to another visit.



Look at the two tomatoes toward the center top of the video. That little dot you see checks out the tomatoes and flies back to the willow tree. 

This gives me hope they are actually nesting near here. Which also means I need to get a hummingbird feeder today. 

Comments

Popular Posts