Food and Fun Friday - Cooking Breakfast for Many!

Last Tuesday, Savvy was going to have a few extra people at her store to help 'reset' the store. They would be starting at 7 a.m. And I knew the people coming to help, so I decided to (1) not only drive her to work, but also to (2) fix breakfast for them.

And in addition, if I was making breakfast for them, I decided I would take some to others at my work.

Unfortunately, during my preparation Monday night and the actual cooking on Tuesday morning, this was the only picture I took.


The menu for Savvy's portion was...
The Breakfast Sausage Casserole was a hit. I am not a casserole eater for the most part, especially breakfast ones. But Savvy likes it and says she wants it again.

The Blueberry Coffee Cake I had made before and enjoyed. Not too sweet and helped to use up some blueberries out of the freezer from the bush last year.

Another repeat recipe was the Cinnamon Rolls. The recipe is for using a bread machine to make the dough, but I just mix it up by hand, knead and let rise. And I have made it in the past several times. This time around I added raisins to some, chopped apples to some, blueberries to others and left a few plain. Then I used a cream cheese icing on them.

The ones in the small pan above were for my To-Go manager who had requested raisins in the cinnamon rolls.

I really enjoy cooking for others. For one thing, I find it fulfills my need to bake, but doesn't have it around the house for me to eat, then get tired of and throw some away. And, ok, I'll admit - I like the thanks and praise for my efforts. Ah, shucks...




Comments

Popular Posts